(For information on how to redeem your Hope Seeds Gift Certificate, click here.)
Hope Seeds makes every effort to ensure high quality stock and guarantees the condition of the seed when it leaves our door. If for whatever reason you are not satisfied, contact us for a full refund of the seed in question.
We are a year-round operation but our seed-mail-out time is roughly February-July, with limited staff during the summer and fall months. Seed germination tests are done every year between October-December, during which time our webstore undergoes ongoing maintenance. This ensures that our seed inventory is up-to-date and viable! Our print-catalogue is sent out at the end of January/beginning of February.
- Submit your order by landmail, fax, e-mail or on-line. Call us with questions, concerns and revelations.
- We accept cash, cheque, money orders, e-transfers, Mastercard, Visa or Visa Debit Card as method of payment. Cheques should be made payable to Hope Seeds. If you are ordering online and prefer paying by e-transfer, simply choose the Cash/Cheque/Money Order option and we will follow up with you.
- Orders are shipped on a first-come-first-served basis. Potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes ship late April/early May for spring planting (we don't want your tubers to freeze!). Garlic is shipped in September/October for Fall planting.
- Out-of-stock varieties will be substituted with suitable varieties where possible unless otherwise requested. If we make a partial shipment of your order, we will not charge additional shipping when we ship the backorder.
- All orders are sent via Canada Post expedited parcel or lettermail unless otherwise requested; additional charges for alternative shipping apply.
- We charge no taxes or shipping on the purchase of a gift certificate.
- Please make a note if you are a First Nation individual making a purchase on reserve land and we will adjust the taxes on your final invoice. Our webstore is not set up to make adjustment so if you are processing your payment online, we will reimburse you when the order is shipped. Thank you for your understanding.
- Hope Seeds applies a $7 flat rate for shipping on all seed orders regardless of the size of the order. We hope you can appreciate that shipping products is a big expense for small businesses. If you are only ordering 1 seed packet - please contact us for special arrangements.
- Pick-up orders are welcome. Please place your order in advance so we can have it ready for you. A $2 handling fee applies, although all other shipping fees are waived.
- INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: We cannot ship seed potatoes, Jerusalem artichokes or garlic outside of Canada. All seed orders sent to addresses outside of Canada are subject to an additional shipping surcharge (US = $5.00; Intl = $10.00). No tax is charged on seeds or shipping to addresses outside of Canada.
- Please note that some items have shipping surcharges based on the collective weight of these items. These include: garlic, pea shoots (5 lb), seed potatoes and Jerusalem artichokes:
|# of Pounds:||S&H Surcharge:|
|over 30 lbs||contact us|
To redeem via MAIL
Simply include your gift certificate with your paper order form when you mail it in. Or, clearly note your Gift Certificate # on the order.
To redeem at WEBSTORE CHECKOUT
At the bottom of the CONFIRM and PAY screen there is an option to Pay With a Gift Certificate. Please enter the gift certificate number and the amount you are paying with your gift certificate towards your total order. If your order is more than the gift certificate amount, you have the option to pay the remaining balance with your payment method of choice.
Please feel free to contact us if you are having issues with this, or simply choose the CASH CHEQUE MONEY ORDER option for your total order and we will get in touch with you to sort out the payments.